Premier is engaged in an exclusive strategic partnership with a Nicaraguan/French joint venture to grow and manufacture organic and sustainable materials. The partnership works at several production sites across Nicaragua totaling over 2,500 acres for organic cultivation in a variety of pedo-climatic conditions.
Facts and Figures:
World Region: Central America
Surface Area: 148,000 km2 the largest country in Central America
Population: est. 5.89 million
Topography: Central Mountainous Regions, Coastal Plains, Pacific Coast Volcanoes
Climate: Ideal Climatic Conditions (varying temperatures, rainfall and altitudes). Tropical in lowlands, cooler in highlands.
Ecology: The most varied flora/vegetation in Central America. Fertile soil hosts over 7,500 species of plant.
The farms and their products have received Rainforest Alliance Certification for sustainability (according to SAN standards) and organic certification following EcoCert (EU) and NOP regulations with Control Union and Quality Assurance International, respectively.
Additionally, we work within the framework of the Union for Ethical Biotrade (UEBT) to ensure the integration of the principles of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD). The partnership works within a worldwide network of agronomists and botanists to provide a broad database and range of plant materials for which complete traceability reports and export certificates can be provided.
Current Products and Developments
- Gombo (Hibiscus Esculentus Fruit Extract)
- Sensitive (Mimosa Pudica Extract)
- Indio Desnudo Extract (Bursera Simaruba Bark Extract)
- Coffee Bean Extract (Coffea arabica Extract)
- Jatoba Extract (Hymenaea Courbaril Bark Extract)
- Brasiletto Extract (Haematoxylum Brasiletto)
- Old Fustic Extract (Clorophora tinctora, Morus tinctora, Macluras tinctora)
- Oxydized Logwood Extract (Haematoxylum Campechianum)
Essential Oils Organic
- Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata, lab)
- Vetiver Root Oil (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- Ambrette Seed Oil (Abelmoschus moschatus, lab)
- Pimento Leaf (Pimenta dioica)
Vegetable Oils Organic
- Chia Oil (Salvia hispanica)
- Sorrel Oil (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
- Moringa Seed Oil (Moringa oleifera)
- Sesame Oil (Sesanum indicum)
- Cashew Oil (Anacardium occidentale)
- Moro Oil (Crescentia alata)
- Pitaya (Hylocereus sp. Var Lisa, Rosa Orejona)
- Cashew (Anacardium occidentale)
- Java Plum (Yellow Mombin; Spondias mombin)
- Mamey (Mammea americana)
- Papamiel (Combretum farinosum)
- Orange Dragon (Ruttya fructicosa)